but i think

Change in the world comes from individuals, from the inner peace in individual hearts. Just as ripples spread out when a single pebble is dropped into water, the actions of individuals can have far-reaching effects.
--Dalai Lama, Facebook, 16 May

I think we ought to be personally responsible...I think if you can take care of yourself, and then maybe try to take care of someone else, that's sort of how you're supposed to live.
--Bill Murray, Squawk Box (CNBC)

And I have very little to say for myself today. The mood in the room right now is sedate. Two of my kids are in their rooms, minding their own business. The third is taking her last final exam of her spring semester, her first year at college. They've all got bags packed because they are heading out of town for a week to visit their grandparents and their aunt and uncle on the other side of the country. I will miss them but I am not sad. My mood is actually pretty good. I took a break from studying today. Made a good dinner for everybody. And, right now I'm just hanging out watching Groundhog Day.

After two finals this week, I will be on my summer break, and it's time to deal with some things I haven't gotten to yet for the Groundhog Day Project. I've even got some people--possibly including a few who have never seen the film--coming over this weekend to watch the movie with me. And, I should start thinking about how to celebrate Day 365.

Anyway, because this line just occurred to me, I will quote Mark Thompson who used to do the Mark & Brian Show on KLOS: "Be good humans."

Today's reason to repeat a day forever: to just relax and be mellow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the rhythm of the dividing pair

i've seen it over a hundred times

nothing bad can happen